1. What is Emergency Roadside Assistance?
Emergency Roadside Assistance is the most affordable way to protect you, family and your vehicle during a breakdown. It provides Country/state/city wide service with multiple benefits
such as: Towing, Flat tire assistance, battery jump start, fuel delivery, lock-out service, minor mechanical adjustments and additional services depending on the level of coverage you purchase.
2. Why breakdown occurs?
Car being constituted by thousands of parts including rubber parts, electrical and electronic parts like bulbs, fuses etc., even modern cars have chances of breakdown
External forces like accidents, nail/small stones puncturing a tyre, fuel quality, road conditions disconnecting wires/fuses etc., are causes of breakdowns.
Improper maintenance/negligence or less attention by customers on car maintenance or very low usage of car etc., leads to car breakdowns.
3) Common services offered by roadside assistance service providers?
a) instant repair
b) jump start
d) key lock out
e) flat tyre
f) fuel shortage
4) Who are the leading service providers in India for road side assistance?
MYTVS, AXA Assistance, Mahindra Firstchoice, Cross Assistance, Europ Assistance, Road Rescue, India Assistance, Rescue first and more
4) How the process works?
a) Buy the onroad assistance packages from the service provider
b) you get stuck with your car through external/other problems
c) Call up the given contact number of service provider
d) Service provider will co-ordinate with you depending on the service required
e) If on the spot assistance required, on road side assistance service provider will reach the spot in few minutes to hours depending on the location you are in
f) Road side assistance service provider will help you and your car to reach nearby service station
g) Depending on the package you subscribed other services like arranging for cab will vary
General Terms and conditions
Clearance of Government Agencies
Where the prior permission/approval of Government Agencies like Police is required for attending to /removal of the Vehicle that has met with an accident/breakdown, the Member acknowledges that Roadside Assistance Service Provider will not be able to carry out the Facilities until all the required permissions are obtained. Roadside assistance does not undertake obtaining of such permission and it is the sole responsibility of the Member to obtain all such approvals/permissions for availing the Facilities.
General Exclusions To Service Coverage
- Any vehicle which has not been maintained regularly as per manufacturer guidelines and thus is not in roadworthy condition.
- Any event when the driver of the vehicle is found to be in any of the situations that are indicated below:
- Any event where breakdown is caused by deliberately inflicted damage, vandalism or participation in a criminal act or offence
- Any customer history where Member has twice on prior occasions misused or abused the services.
- Those accidents resulting from the illegitimate removal of the Covered Vehicle.
- Those accidents or breakdowns that are produced when the Member or the authorized driver have infringed upon the regulatory ordinances as far as the requisites and number of persons transported, weight and means of things and animals that can be transported or the form of handling them as long as the infraction has been the determining cause of the accident or the causal event of the incident.
- Any vehicle involved in or liable to be involved in legal case prior to or post immobilization.
- Those happening while the vehicle lacks documentation or requisites (including the Technical Inspection of the Vehicles and Obligatory Insurance) legally necessary to ply on public roads.
- Those caused by fuels, mineral essences, and other inflammable, explosive or toxic materials transported in the Covered Vehicle.
- Any public vehicle like ambulances, taxis, police vehicles and/or fire brigade vehicles and any other vehicle not used for private use are excluded of all the services coverage under these general conditions.
- Luggage that is not sufficiently wrapped or identified, fragile luggage or perishable products, and any commercial goods carried in the Covered Vehicle.
- Assistance to occupants of the Covered Vehicle different to those defined as beneficiaries.
- Any animals carried in the Covered Vehicle.
- The following vehicles are not covered:
- Events not covered under the program :
a.The state of intoxication or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, toxins or narcotics not medically prescribed.
b.Lack of permission or corresponding license for the category of the Covered Vehicle or violation of the sanction of cancellation or withdrawal of them.
a.Those used for hire or reward, except if expressly included above.
b.Those used for the transportation of goods.
c.Those with more or less than 4 wheels.
d.Those not powered exclusively by an internal combustion engine.
e.Those vehicles which are Completely Built Units/Imported from Overseas.
a.Boot cannot be opened when vehicle is in drivable conditions.
b.Non-functional horn. If the horn is activated incessantly, the Services will be provided
c.Faulty fuel gauge
e.Non-functional sunroof operation
h.Vehicle headlights not functional during day time.
i.Non-functional Seat adjustor but the vehicle can be driven safely
j.Illumination warning lamp of ABS, airbag warning or traction control or any such non-safety related lights/service warnings lights which do not render the vehicle immobilized.
k.In the event of passenger doors not opening or seatbelts not functioning and there are no passengers except the driver
l.Damaged door glasses or non-functional windows when there are no security or weather risks.
m.Broken rear-view mirror not obstructing driver's view.
n.Damaged or faulty fuel cap but vehicle has sufficient fuel to reach the nearest authorized dealer
o.Windscreen wipers turning faulty in fair weather or vehicle running out of windscreen wiper fluid. p.Electronic Vehicle security system are faulty but do not render it immobilized and the alarm is not hooting continuously.
Car Insurance Companies Helpline
» Bajaj Allianz : 1800 209 5858 or Email on email@example.com
» Tata AIG : 1800 266 7780 or Email on CustomerSupport@tata-aig.com
» ICICI Lombard : 1800 2666
» Royal Sundaram : 1860 425 0000 or Email on firstname.lastname@example.org
» Bharti Axa : 080 - 49123900 or Email on SatishKumar.Mishra@bharti-axagi.co.in
» HDFC Ergo : 1800 2700 700 or Email on email@example.com
» Reliance General Insurance : 1800 3002 8282 or Email on Services.Rgicl@rcap.co.in
» SBI General Insurance - 1800 22 1111 / 1800 102 1111 or Email on firstname.lastname@example.org
» Oriental Insurance - 1800 118 485 or Email on email@example.com
» United India Insurance - 1800 425 33333 or Email on firstname.lastname@example.org