Skoda Fabia Pictorial Review – Exteriors
Similar to the European market, Indian market will soon see more premium hatchbacks. Soon you can pick a hatchback from Rs1lakh nano to Rs20lakh mini. The B+ (or) premium hatchback is all set evolve in India with the introduction Skoda’s new Fabia. Skoda which is known as for its octavia’s and laura’s plans to bring the larger hatch lovers into its foothold.
Skoda always price its products at a premium over others but even after paying a premium, Skoda’s customers feels good since they are getting the best. JD power 2007 Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) which ranks Skoda in top position is a testimony for that. We check out whether Skoda can keep this alive with the new Fabia and whether its success formula (better product at a higher price) can go well with the price conscious hatchback consumers? let’s check out!
1) Skoda Fabia: Skoda Fabia is finally here. Fabia is one of the very few cars for which Indian customers has waited for so long.
2) Skoda Fabia: Unlike other Skoda’s, Fabia is stylish and awe inspiring to look at. The large headlamps, smiley grille makes the front fascia eye catching. Side profile is accentuated by spruced up bumpers and the strong waist line which runs along the length of the car. The rear styling of the Fabia emphasises the impression of a roomy and a generously proportioned car. Altogether, though the design is eye pleasing it fails to excite since we come across more swift’s every day.
3) Skoda Fabia: Fabia is offered in two engine options. The 1.4L petrol engine generates 85bhp of maximum power and 132Nm of maximum torque. The 1.4L diesel engine pumps out 69bhp of maximum power and 155Nm of maximum torque. As Skoda is known for making very good oil burners, we picked an oil burner for our test drive. Don’t expect this mill to pump your adrenaline faster like the swift or the Getz but expect for a economical diesel. Fabia returns an awesome mileage of 15kmpl in the city. Apart from the frugal diesel, gearbox is another strong point for the Fabia case. It is precise and slots in perfectly. Fabia reaches the 60km/hr from stand zero in 6seconds.
4) Skoda Fabia: Steering is sharp and the response is very good. The electric steering is assisted by a special hydraulic system makes zig-zag easy in the city traffic. Steering and transmission package makes the Fabia ideal for driving in the city.
5) Skoda Fabia: The Fabia impresses very much on the open road where its solid built and robust suspension will come to the fore with a drive that is both confidence-inspiring and safe. Surpisingly its solid suspension also filters the potholes well.
6) Skoda Fabia: With its external measurements (3992 mm x 1642 mm x 1513 mm) the new skoda Fabia hatchback is easily the largest in its class. The boot has a basic capacity of 300 litres, and, when the rear seats are folded down, increases to 1163 litres. These large dimensions have no impact maneuverability of Fabia. Skoda has equipped the Fabia with features like reverse parking sensors.
7) Skoda Fabia: Sunroof which has suddenly becomes fashion norm among consumers is fitted top of the line elegance variant. Other likeable features in the Fabia are projector headlamps, fog lamps, remote locking, powered mirrors, alloy wheels and smart parcel shelfs.
8) Skoda Fabia: Fabia is available in four variants -active, classic, ambiente and elegance. Active being the low end and elegance being the top. Skoda’s Fabia is available in as many as six colours – Corrida Red,Satin Grey,Brilliant Silver,Magic Black,Candy White and Cappuccino beige.
P.S:Our sincere thanks to Mr Vijay Mehar Raju, Gurudev Motors, (email@example.com), Teynampet, Chennai (044-55668899).