1) Maruti Swift Dzire: Except the overall length, which is now 4,160mm the dimensions of the dzire is same as the hatch. But because of the design, the C-pillar loses some weight which results in larger rear door which in turn facilated easy ingress and egress for the rear passengers. Also the interior is now brighter with the larger rear quarter glass.
2) Maruti Swift Dzire: The dash board houses a fully integrated stereo on with steering mounted audio controls. Swift Dzire also features a fully automatic climate control system. The instrument cluster in the DZire has round dials with chrome surrounds and features a white backlight. Multifunctional display at the centre shows the time and the exterior temperature.
3) Maruti Swift Dzire: Swift Dzire’s fit and finish quality is as good as swift hatchback and hence the panel gaps and shut lines are tight. The paint quality is top notch. But the quality of plastics could have been better.
4) Maruti Swift Dzire: Rear seat comfort has been the swift’s only sore point. New swift dzire is no exception as there is no change in wheelbase which means the cramped space at the rear remains. Maruti has retuned the spring ratings for the swift dzire but the ride remains stiff. Also, Maruti has made the rear backrest wider and reclined it by a little bit for more comfort. But this new setup has not made any significant difference in ride quality.
5) Maruti Swift Dzire: Similar to the swift driving the car is a pleasure. Steering mounted controls, eye pleasing instrument cluster and Automatic Climate Control makes the driver seat more comfortable place.
6) Maruti Swift Dzire: Before you running out of patience, let’s open the boot. Boot space is a healthy 440litres but it is not completely converted into usable space. due to the intrusions.
7) Maruti Swift Dzire: comes in three variants with two engine options. Zxi is the top end variant in diesel and Zdi is the top end variant in petrol. Maruti has again come with a killer price. On the road the petrol range starts from Rs4,69,117 which goes upto Rs6,24,430. Base end variant of Dzire diesel comes at Rs5,66,977.
practicality vs style
Everything remains the same but what you get from swift dzire over the swift is the 440 litres of luggage space which is almost double the size of the boot of the swift hatch. But this does not come without any compromise, the addition of the boot dilutes the swift aggressive stance.The verdict is simple if you want a practical car and if you can stretch your budget by Rs50000 then go for the swift dzire.
But more than the verdict we want answers for two questions – whether the dzire sedan lives upto the value of swift brand and whether it can pull the crowds as the esteem did. Yes, looking at the killer price and with Maruti Suzuki’s badge swift dzire is sure set the sales chart soar but it needs more to live upto the value of brand swift. Maruti has already sold 5658 units in just 17 days.
P.S:Our sincere thanks to M.Jayakumar, ABT Maruti (email@example.com), Guindy, Chennai (9994475222).