Catch latest trends of Indian CEOs and their Hot Cars @ http://www.vicky.in/slideshow/indian-ceos-inquisitive-cars/
Catch latest trends of Indian CEOs and their Hot Cars @ http://www.vicky.in/slideshow/indian-ceos-inquisitive-cars/
The swiftest and greatest sophisticated car maker BMW, launched 2 new variants of BMW 3 series. BMW 3 series is proud to introduce its brand new 320D Corporate edition and 33i Petrol. 320D Corporate edition is priced at Rs 23,95,000 lakhs followed by 33i Petrol at Rs 33,40,000 lakh.
Pictures of BMW 320d Corporate Edition and 330i Petrol
The most anticipated Cruze Automatic (AT) from General Motors is now on Indian roads. Cruze Automatic is crafted splendidly with 6-speed tiptonic unit Transmission. Tiptronic transmission operates in the same manner as a conventional type of automatic transmission.
The manual version of Cruze has enhanced diesel performance,and redefined the D-segment with its coupe-like design proportions, comfortable interiors, class leading features and other exclusive product attributes. The new Cruz is sportive with refined six-speed automatic transmission including Clutch-to-clutch shift operation for added precision and smoother shifts between gears.
Cruze Automatic (AT) is an outstanding highway cruiser with improved fuel economy and it keeps the engine revolutions as low as possible with controlled speed ratio. First gear is designed for a very high ratio to provide brisk acceleration from the top while the sixth gear has an overdrive ratio to keep the engine revolutions low.
GM Motors outfitted Cruze with incredible fuel efficiency of 14.5 Kmpl. The Cruze automatic comes with all the features of the top end LTZ variant plus automatic transmission,PEPS, Push Button Start, Cruise Control, Smart Screen and Electric Sunroof .This luxury sedan is priced at Rs 13.45 lakh (ex showroom, Delhi).
The Automatic variant will also be available in a special 3 coat paint called White Diamond in addition to the exciting six colors already on offer. One of the key benefits of this model is that it uses premium fluids in the transmission that does not need replacement during normal use.
While Toyota is actively running a 360 degree advertisement campaign we preview the corolla altis to give you in-depth details on the car.
What’s special about corolla?
It’s getting much harder for other cars to replicate the success of Toyota corolla. The way the corolla lured hearts and its stupendous success tells us why Toyota has become the No 1 carmaker in the world. For forty years, the Corolla has satisfied everyone across all ages, demographics with its predictable blend of reliable, economical and durable transportation. But the corolla Indian story is not that much spectacular. The corolla enjoyed a fair bit of success before the launch of Honda civic. The sporty civic and Honda’s premium image completely belittle the corolla. Infact, Toyota should have decided to add ‘altis’ and project the same to create enthusiasm among the buyers instead of plain corolla. The new corolla altis will replace the existing corolla in India.
However the world’s largest carmaker wants to fight back with its new corolla altis against its japanese competitor and live up to its image in India
1) Toyota Corolla altis: Unlike the other corolla’s, Toyota designed this new corolla altis in collaboration with styling studios in Italy. Toyota instruction to the designers was to design a sportier shape than that of the previous Corolla with better aerodynamics.
Toyota has carry forwarded its family to its altis. The number of sweep cuts you can see all around the car reminds you the Toyota’s other offering – the camry. The greenhouse area is increased by moving the A-pillar forward and C-pillar backward for better aerodynamics. Also there are interesting touches striking headlamp that follows the bumper shape and similarly designed LED lamps at the rear. Overall the new Corolla altis looksalike “baby Camry” which was intentional.
2) Toyota Corolla altis: When everyone are expecting a diesel engine from Toyota atleast this time. It seems Toyota has not paid attention to our cry. Toyota again failed to ride the diesel advantage over the civic. Anyway we expect the new corolla altis to be fitted with a oil burner (diesel) in 2009. The mechanically unchanged 1.8L VVT-i, 16 Valve, petrol mill now generates 132bhp of peak power at 6000rpm and 170Nm of peak torque at 4200rpm. You can choose either a five speed manual or a 4 speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission (ECT) with the new corolla altis. The new corolla altis might give a tough competition to the driver centric Honda civic.
If you have doubt, check out the following figures claimed by the company, altis can reach 60kmph from zero in just 4.76 seconds and 100kmph in just 11.66 seconds. The lesser turning radius, cruise control, 8 way power driver seat and driver seat lumbar support are the features of new corolla altis.
3) Toyota Corolla altis: comes with same wheelbase as the previous-generation Corolla, but it is wider, which creates additional heip and shoulder room. Plenty of storage spaces (claimed as 14) would make the new corolla altis a spacious sedan ever around. The altis cavernous boot sports 475 litres of luggage space.
Comfort and convenience features are also plenty. The notable features features includes a sliding arm rest, mirror mounted indicators, telescopic steering, Multi Information Display (MID), steering mounted audio controls and automatic headlamps.
4) Toyota Corolla altis: Safety of the occupants is also well taken care of. Corolla altis has ABS with EBD, seat belt with pretensioners, whiplash injury lessening belts (driver side) and auto headlamp leveling system. However altis comes with two novel safety features – headlamps with retractable washer and electrochromatic auto anti glare inner rear view mirror. To know more about these two features visit
5) Toyota Corolla altis: The three variants of new altis are low-end 1.8L (Manual),1.8 GL (top end Manual) and 1.8V(L) automatic. While we are not aware of the exact price, we expect the manual variants of corolla altis to be priced between Rs13.5 to Rs14.5 lakhs. Corolla altis will be available across India after the formal launch on september 05th and it will be available in six colours – silver metallic, simpson red, white pearl mica metallic, silver metallic, super white and black mica.
Volkswagen plans to come up with a cheaper variant of its passat saloon soon. Volkswagen launched passat in india in september 2007 with a Pumpe Duse Engine.Volkswagen passat is available in the price band of Rs 22.35 lakh – Rs 24.35 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). When Honda Accord is making 100’s of sales every month, very few passat’s have moved out of the showroom. To boost the sales, Volkswagen will launch a cheaper version of the Passat powered by a common-rail engine. The new Passat will have a manual gearbox and a DSG variant of the car will be launched subsequently.Volkswagen’s new passat will hit the showroom in October. The new passat will be priced around Rs 20 lakh to take on the new accord and the camry.
Volkswagen also plan to roll out the new Passat CC model in India. Inspired by the Merecedes CLS Vlokswagen engineers designed the passat CC. The four-door “coupe” is based off the Passat platform and carries over several of the standard sedan’s cues, but the sleek shape of the plummeting C-pillar, shortened rear overhang and revised fascia make it considerably more upmarket
Audi today opened a new showroom in Pune. Audi’s pune dealership will showcase models like A8, Q7, A6, A4 and the sports car TT. The showroom has a total capacity to display six cars.Audi recently opened showrooms in Gurgaon and Hyderabad. Now, in India Audi has six dealerships including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Pune. “With Audi Pune, we inaugurate today the largest luxury car showroom in the town. We are opening this second dealership in Maharashtra for our customers to see and feel the exclusivity, sophistication and progressiveness,” Audi India Managing Director Benoit Tiers said.
BMW India today announced opening of KUN exclusive its dealership facility in Chennai. BMW which eyes top position in Indian luxury car segment has been aggressively expanding its dealership facility. The ultramodern showroom will give the same international experience as any BMW dealership worldwide. The chennai dealership facility KUN exclusive covers 20000sq ft and it is built at a cost of Rs6crores. The design of the showroom is based upon Reception at the Car (RATC) and Urban Street Display Concept which is Signature BMW layout. The facility would be equipped to service approximately 20 cars a day.
BMW India today also announced the Chennai debut of the BMW M cars. Speaking at the occasion Mr Peter Kronschnabl said `The year 2007 was a demanding year and saw a successful market entry into India by BMW. Asserting that “there is no standing still at BMW India during 2008,”. BMW plans to launch X6 in India soon.
Few glimpses of KUN Exclusive and beamers
As Mercedes launches the new C-class in India, BMW refreshes the 3-series to retain its lead over the baby Benz. For the year 2008, BMW has added a new model called BMW 320d Highline to expand its 3 Series Model Range. In addition to that BMW has tweaked both the petrol and diesel mills doing the duty in 320i,325i and 320d. The 2.0L gasoline mill which powers the 320i now pumps out 158bhp of maximum power i.e 21bhp up from the earlier engine. The peak power of 2.5-litre petrol engine in the 325i is boosted up to 215bhp compared to the earlier 195bhp. The 2.0L common rail diesel engine’s peak power has received a boost to about 170bhp from the earlier 156bhp. Also, 2008 3-series models gets some standard fitments such as New Light alloy wheel rims, Glass roofs and Xenon Lights. The ex-showroom prices of the BMW 3 Series are as follows.BMW 320i – Rs27,00,000, BMW 325i -Rs33,00,000, BMW 320d – Rs29,70,000 and BMW 320d Highline – Rs30,70,000. These prices are applicable across all BMW dealerships in India. The BMW 3 Series Model Year 2008 will be available in an exclusive range of paint finishes: Black Sapphire, Monaco Blue, Titanium Silver and Sparkling Graphite and Luxurious Upholstery Materials: Dakota Leather Black, Dakota Leather Grey and Dakota leather Beige.
Modern cars should be stylish, powerful and handle good but for the sake of all these they cannot make a car with a poor living room. Yes, buyers have become more demanding they care for everything. Also the C-Class customer pool is the most diverse of any Mercedes. It has to offer something for every one of them. We got under the roof of the new c-class to check out whether it can satisfy the most buyers.
1) Mercedes new C-class: The new C-Class is bigger, wider and taller than the model it replaces, and comes with a bigger boot. The new C-class has grown in length by 68mm, in width by 42mm and the wheelbase has increased by 45mm. But more importantly this massive dimensions has been efficiently converted into usable space. The photograph shows the massive 475litre trunk space.
2) Mercedes new C-class: We driven the c-class in city and countryside road where it will often encounter. The ride quality is superb and it transmits very little amount of vibration. The cabin which is a living room other wise, feels like a car only when you push the c-class above 100kmph.
3) Mercedes new C-class: Getting into the new C-class may be tougher due to its poor ingress but once you get in and shut the windows, you are completely isolated from the external world. You will never know whether the engine is running or not. Remember we driven a C200 Kompressor. Wind and tyre noise is also minimal and the result is you can chat as free as in your living room without any disturbance.
4) Mercedes new C-class: It is nothing wrong in mimic to provide the best to the customers. Mercedes has subscribed to this ideology with the new COMAND system. COMAND is a blend between the BMW’s iDrive and Audi’s MMI. It is operated by a simple rotary dial on the centre console.
Steering wheel/instrument panel/ gear knob
5) Mercedes new C-class: Mercedes must have spent most time to offer the best comfort to the driver and the front passenger. The cabin is well laid out, with clear dials and a superb driving position. There is enough support to all the parts of the body and I’m sure that you won’t develop any ache even you drive the C-class for a long time. The only short come is even the driver seat fails to remember your desired position. Memory adjustable seats could have been better.
6) Mercedes new C-class: The rear seat comfort has improved a lot in the new C-class when compared to its predecessor. The traditional criticisms of the old car have been rectified – rear head and leg room are excellent and there is even a pair of rear air-con vents. But still we are not fully satisfied, the rear seat is too much reclined and we felt like sitting in the ground floor. Also, the rear passengers are still deprived of stereo controls. Transporting five adults could be a problem for a long run, we have to blame the Merc’s rear drive layout for that.
7) Mercedes new C-class: Best of all, the quality has improved significantly. Most of the materials used in the car are very good. The dash is exceedingly solid, logical and comfortable though the equipment level is high like the other Merc’s.
Clearly the thinking with the new C-class is to provide something of interest to both the BMW and Audi brigade, without alienating the core Mercedes constituency of millinery enthusiasts. It’s true, the new C-class amazes everyone through its dual personality.
She looks gorgeous! she is elegant! she is the baby Benz and rules this world since its debut in 1993. In modern days, the c-class which has become synonymous for luxury. Mercedes has sold millions of c-class all over the world. In India, the previous generation c-class is a runaway success and Mercedes has sold more than 5000units in between 2001 – 2007. This is huge considering the size of the luxury market in India. But this success drawn the other German makers attention and they set up plant here and started pulling buyers to their showroom. But the early mover does not want to see the momentum shifting to the other end, Dr Wilfried Aulbur, company’s CEO and Managing Director said, “We are committed to bring in the latest products in the least possible time’. In line with this strategy Mercedes has brought the new c-class to India only after 10 months of its international launch. As in any other market in the world, the new c-class is pitted against BMW 3-series and soon to be launched next generation Audi A4.
Let’s sharpen our focus on the new c-class (W204). The new C-class is quiet a different one compared to its predecessors. Mercedes has reinvigorated the C-Class. Unlike in the past, Mercedes press on driving and comfort rather than technology. For the first time it is being offered in choice of looks – Classic(SE), Elegance and Avantgarde(grille mounted star). For the Indian market Mercedes offers two models with bonnet-top star. With this new c-class Mercedes wishes to lure young and stylish buyers whom loves Beamers and Audi. We test drive C200k Elegance model (petrol engine with automatic transmission) to find out whether this new c-class actually serves the purpose
1) Mercedes new c-class: The new c-class is significantly more aggressive in appearance, thanks to a much more wedge-shaped profile, a handsome and distinctive nose with taller front end to meet the US safety standards. It has stolen few styling cues from both the S-class and CL-class. Mercedes has ditched the traditional twin barrel headlamps for the new c-class . The new sharp headlamps and the new grille gives the new c-class makes it look bigger and the result is the massive road presence.
2) Mercedes new c-class: From the side, the strong shoulderline following the waistline is a visual reference point which suggests power and solidity of the new c-class. Muscular wheel arches and 12 spoke alloy wheels expresses solidity. Thumbnail shows the 12 spoke alloy wheels.
3) Mercedes new c-class: The intriguing interplay of the body lines – between the waist line and the character line gives the rear end a stylish sporty look. Not just sporty in look but also in character. Enough aerodynamices has gone into the car and it Coefficient of drag is only ‘0.27’. The result is the speedo needle can touch a 230 figure – maximum speed of the car. We managed to push the c-class to 170kmph during our test drive.
Thumbnail shows the headlmaps cluster, ventilating slots in the rear lamp cluster and speedo when the c-class cruises at 170kmph
4) Mercedes new c-class: Under its stylish skin, the C-Class retains its traditional front-engined, rear-wheel-drive layout. To match the new sporty theme, Mercedes has spruced up the output of the supercharged four cylinder engine and the C200K compressor mill now cranks out 178bhp of max power and 240Nm of max torque from 3500rpm. The maximum power output has gone up by 13% and maximum torque by 9%.
5) Mercedes new c-class: With the 13% power hike and an extra 15 Newton-metres of torque, the C200 now feels a lot more responsive. The road test figures clearly suggest that. It moves past the 60kmph from stand zero in just 5.5s and 100kmph in just 10.09s. The engine is mated with a five speed automatic transmission with manual mode engaged by nugding the gear to the left or right.
6) Mercedes new c-class: Mercedes new c-class comes with a new tag line called ‘Agility at your command’. According to Mercedes, agility control is the term used by for all new and further developments that improve both comfort and agility in equal measure. In simple terms shock absorbers of the new c-class change the way they operate according to how the car is being driven, so that you get a softer ride at low speed and firmer responses when you’re pressing on. With the redesigned steering ratio (14.5) Mercedes claims that the agility control steering is 6% more direct than the preceding model. Let’s look how these technologies performs on the road.
The traditional Merc blend of comfort and handling is still there but the new C-Class has been tuned for more sporty behaviour, resulting in superb body control at higher speeds. Yes, it takes the corners with ease and crawling in the traffic cannot be made simpler than these. You can turn the car with your finger. However, the steering feels over light, it does not gain weight with the increase in speed that means you should not be over enthusiastic while driving.
7) Mercedes new c-class: To complete the sporty character, control over the vehicle has to be good. A new system called Adaptive brake based on the technology of the S-class is built for the new c-class to provide additional support to the driver. We put it to the test and find out the new C-class comes to rest from 60kmph in 2.06seconds. Mercedes has given the c-class a long list of safety features – ESP with ASR, ABS with brake assist, six airbags, crash responsive NECK-PRO front head restraints.
8) Mercedes new c-class: The new C-Class is offered in two variants – Classic and Elegance with two engine options. It is available in colours – alabaster white, grey,obsidian black, cubanite silver and iridium silver.