Yamaha FZ 150cc – Pictorial Preview
If R15 is the second birth for the brand Yamaha in India, then the upcoming FZ 150cc is aimed to make Yamaha a stronger player in the market. After making its presence felt with the R15, Yamaha is looking at FZ 150cc to pull crowds to its showrooms. This means unlike the R15 the price of FZ won’t be in the 1 lakh range.As the FZ 150cc is the next bike to look at, we preview the bike with some insider information and unseen pictures.
1) Yamaha FZ 150cc: If R15 is inspired from R1 then FZ 150cc is a clear derivative of Yamaha’s classic street motorycle FZ 1000cc. There is no large fairing to conceal the rude mechanicals, the large tank and heavy engine is out open. If you want to intimidate and want to have a commanding sense then FZ 150cc would be the ideal bike. Espescially the sharp edged frame mounted engine cowl, chunky fuel tank and stubby exhaust would frighten fellow riders. The other advantage of this design is the comfortable riding position you don’t have to crouch. The standard upright position is vastly superior for long drives.
2) Yamaha FZ 150cc: Unlike the R15 engine this one will not be a hi-fi one. The 150cc carburetted engine will be an air cooled unit. Power output is expected to be in the range of 14-15bhp. Power will be on par with competetion but what will excite you is the loads of torque this engine has. The torque will be available from a lower rpm. Gearshift would be through toe only lever and pattern would be the conventional 1up four down.
3) Yamaha FZ 150cc: At the front FZ 150cc sports telescopic front and at the rear the bike comes with a monoshock suspension. The macho wide tyres in the rear is sure to give a comfortable ride also your wheelie’s. The tyres would be tubeless both at the fore and apt.
4) Yamaha FZ 150cc: Instrumentation is simple with a digital speedo and large analog tacho. The trapezoidal instrument panel also houses a fuel gauge. The quality of Yamaha’s FZ1 invited critics from auto enthusiast in european countries. We have to keenly watch how the Fz150cc scores in the quality department.
5) Yamaha FZ 150cc: As we earlier said this FZ 150cc won’t be sci-fi. Unlike the R15 the bike will not come with a rear disc. However at the front the bike gets a 270mm disc.
6) Yamaha FZ 150cc: Expect this bike in October and the price will be around Rs70000 – Rs80000. Clealry Yamaha will look for buyer who loves performance but without compromising ergonomics with this Fz 150cc. Let’s wait and see! how this bike maker known for sports bikes with its street bike.