You read at first at vicky.in
The much awaited Thunderbird twinspark will be finally out soon. Thunderbird Twinspark have reached the Royal Enfield showrooms and dealers are only waiting for the formal launch. For the Royal Enfield, the Thunderbird Twinspark is a big technological leap and is seen as the important product.
Also the twinspark engine will help the Bullet maker to comply stricter emission norms.
You cannot tell whether the thunderbird is twinspark or Lean Burn variant at the first glance. It is the same Thunderbird in design and styling. Just two twinspark badges on the side flanks and a twinspark decal on the rear side are added. Surpisingly there is no UCE (Unit Construction engine) badge or a sticker in the Thunderbird Twinspark. But when you take a closer look you can feel the amount of that has gone into this vehicle.
Here are few special features of the twinspark engine.
* Thunderbird’s new engine adopts the superior twin spark technology for better combustion chracteristics
* Thunderbird Twinspark becomes the first Royal Enfield product in india to come with an integrated engine.
* In RE’s, the starter motor drives conventionally through gears & sprag clutch. But irrespective of 500 or 350 Enfield, failure of sprag clutch bearing and hence the failure of starter is most common. In the Thunderbird Twinspark,electric motor(starter) is mounted on the inner side of the Thunderbird Twinspark integrated engine which is tad diffrent from the conventional mounting point. The new technical development would reduce friction and wear-and-tear in mechanical parts of the engine, thus the Bullet’s new engine will have superior performance with less maintenance.
* The new integrated engine in the Thunderbird Twinspark employs six clutch plates for reduced clutch lever effort and hence strain free riding
* Also new in the Thunderbird Twinspark integrated engine is the auto de-compressor which eases your kicking. Unlike the electra 500cc LB, you can kick start the engine without pulling the decompressor switch. With these advancements, Royal enfield has make sure that customers doesn’t need to master the art of starting a Royal Enfield. Starting a RE is just a button away.
* The new integrated engine in the Thunderbird Twinspark uses hydraulic tappet which helps to maintain zero clearance of pushrod at all engine operating conditions enabling uniform valve timing.
Apart from the new engine,Thunderbird Twinspark gets lot of new features. It seems like Royal Enfield has built the new Thunderbird Twinspark with inputs from customers too.
* New Halogen lamp replaces conventional lamp and hence increased life.
* Foldable foot rest for the Thunderbird twinspark rider.
* The rear brake cable is on the right side of the bike
* Chain sprocket is moved to the right side.
* The new Thunderbird twinspark will be available in three colours (monotone) – silver,red and black. To be on the road thunderbird twinspark demands Rs99000 in Chennai.