1) Hyundai santa Fe will replace the ageing Tucson soon in India. Hyundai has been witnessing poor sales in the SUV segment due to the advent of Ford Endeavour CRDi and Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara. As Chevrolet Captiva, Volkswagen Tiguan and Mitsubishi Outlander on the cards, Hyundai has to bring this 2nd generation santa fe to sustain in this segment.
2) Power options for the santa fe includes an 2.2L diesel model that delivers 153ps @ 4000rpm and 35kgm of torque @ 2000rpm with the help of a Variable Geometry Turbocharger. Hyundai may consider a petrol option as well. In the design front though the santa fe is not pathbreaking it is very practical. Hyundai santa fe is expected in mid 2008 and to be priced similar to the tucson.
3) Volkswagen Tiguan which is unveiled(officially) in recent Frankfurt motor show has a place in Volkswagen Indian line-up. Tiguan the softroader will be take on the mighty Honda CR-V in India. Tiguan is built on a new platform and Volkswagen will be offering the Tiguan with a choice of five turbocharged engines. Three TSI and two TDI engines meeting the tough euro IV norms. (which engines are coming to india are not known)
4) Volkwagen tiguan is similar in dimension to CR-V but presents a self-confident design. Actually, Tiguan is a crossover of a coupe and SUV and it is a strict five-seater. Tiguan which garnered attention throughout the world has all the necessary things to be best seller. If Volkswagen price the tiguan sensitively, it will turbo the Volkswagen’s indian safari.
5) Chevrolet epica/tosca will fill the General Motors India product line-up once launched. Unlike other manufacturers General Motors realised the potential of India and acted accordingly. The new epica will positioned in the D Segement – Nissan teana, Toyota camry, Honda Accord, Skoda superb and Volkswagen passat. Epica is powered by a frugal diesel engine (maximum torque: 310 Nm at 2,000 rpm) which is mated with a manual five-speed gearbox. A 2.0L or 2.5L gasoline engine may also power the Indian epica.
6) Chevrolet epica has a generous cabin space (length/width/height: 4,805 / 1,810 / 1,450 mm, wheelbase: 2,700 mm) and a decent boot space. Styling is of typical chevrolet kind – prominent crossbar mounted chevrolet bowtie in the chrome grille, wraparound headlamps and raising waistline. In the rear a long chrome strip connects the distinct tail lamps. Chevrolet may find itself up against some very talented rivals but GM india will price accordingly to turn customer in its favour as it done in the past.
7) Maruti Suzuki’s Jimny may replace its ageing gypsy, the new entry level Jimny SUV may have a dual variant of both 1.3 litre petrol and diesel powertrain with more upmarket and practical features than the Gypsy. For the diesel option, Maruti may strap the 1.3L multijet diesel(found in swift DDIS) into the Jimny. Jimny is likely to be sold with 1.3 litre petrol engine that produces 85 bhp of power. As the jimny falls below four meters and it features 1.3L engine it qualifies for the small car defined by the Union Budget.
7) Maruti Suzuki Jimny will take on the Mahindra Bolero and Tata sumo.
8) After less than a month after the IAA in Frankfurt and the unveiling of the Suzuki Kizashi, Suzuki announces that the concept has a brother – the Suzuki Kizashi 2 concept. The Suzuki Kizashi 2 concept is powered by a 3.6 liter V6 engine and a 6 speed automatic transmission.
9) The next generation 2008 skoda superb spy pictures are out. Skoda will exhibit this new superb in 2008 Geneva motor show and will introduce in india after that. 2008 skoda superb is built on a new platform. The new model is slightly longer than the outgoing version. 2008 skoda superb also gets a new hatchback style rear door but maintains conventional sedan styling for its profile.