* Chinese car maker Chery Automobiles(manufactured QQ) is likely to partner India’s International Cars & Motors Ltd (ICML) to roll out its small car in India next year, the Business Standard reported. ICML is planning to launch a premium hatchback in the 300,000-400,000 rupees price range, which is the fastest-growing car segment in India. ICML currently offers ‘Rhino’ a Sports Utility Vehicle. ICML joined the elite club of India’s manufacturers along with Tata and Mahindra .
*Toyota Motor Corp. became the world’s top auto seller in the first three months of the year, passing rival General Motors Corp. for the first time in history. Toyota sold 2.348 million vehicles worldwide in the January-March quarter surpassing the 2.26 million vehicles that GM said it sold during the same period.For More
*Maruti Udyog (MUL), India’s largest car-maker, has lowered prices between Rs 3,000 and Rs 5,000 on its cars following a reduction in the concessional central state tax (CST) offered by the Haryana government.For More
*Hero group may tie up with japanese major Isuzu for its four wheeler foray. Isuzu already has a brand presence in the country, Isuzu has provided engines to M&M Invader, the HM Ambassador and for the recently launched Rhino SUV from Sonalika.
*Bajaj not to exit from the 100cc market, According to Bajaj Auto GM marketing Amit Nandi, “We are not getting out of the 100cc segment. Rajiv Bajaj’s statement has been misinterpreted. We will continue to sell 100cc bikes till there is demand.” For More
*Because of the increased interest rates car sales in March declines badly expecting the april too manufacturers announced rebates on thir products to woo customers. Here’s the list
#General Motors is offering customers an option of lower interest rates of around 10 per cent or free services or accessories worth Rs 20,000.Customers can choose any of these and also opt for a total maintenance plan to control operating cost. The 10 per cent interest rate is offered to all products of General Motors.
#Market leader Maruti Udyog Ltd increased rebates on its small cars from Rs 5,000 to Rs 15,000 a few days ago to reduce the cost of ownership.
#Honda-Siel is working with ICICI Bank to extend the tenure of the loans from five to six years to help customers absorb interest rate hikes. With this, customers will pay 10 per cent to 15 per cent lower EMIs than what they are paying now.
#The second-largest car maker, Hyundai, which is offering its flagship car Santro at a lower rate of 8.99 per cent, might extend this offer to other cars. It has tied up with ICICI Bank, HDFC and Kotak Mahindra for the Santro for a deal in which around Rs 30,000 per car is being absorbed by the dealers, banks and the manufacturers.
*Toyota’s small car may be made in India, India may win the battle against Brazil for the new plant. Toyota’s is planning to develop a 1-litre engine global car by 2010 which will cost around $7,000-8,000 (Rs 3-3.5 lakh). The small car will be made specially to meet the needs of developing countries BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China). Earlier, Toyota planned to introduce passo/boon in India but was stopped due to its higher price. For More
* German sports car major Porsche on 12th March rolled out its second generation Cayenne SUV in India in the price range of Rs. 49.30 lakh to Rs. 1.10 crore. Porsche will have 4 more dealers (Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore & Chennai) in India by the end of 2007 in addition to the Delhi. Porsche currently offers Boxster, Carrera 911 and Cayman. Porsche may launch its sedan Panemara in India by 2009.
* Rajeev Bajaj announced Bajaj Auto will roll out a new motorcycle in the executive category, which could be priced around Rs 40,00o and will be launched by July. Rajeev Bajaj also said the company would develop high power bikes in technical collaboration with Kawasaki, but the bikes will be manufactured and marketed under the ‘Bajaj’ brand. He added Bajaj is working on four wheeler cargo, which will compete with Tata’s ‘Ace’
* Bajaj has once again slashed price by Rs3000 for its 100cc offering ‘platina’. Last month Bajaj made a similar discount. Platina will cost Rs33000 – an unimaginable price for a 100cc bike. Bajaj expects sales to jump by 25% due to this discount. A tough news for TVS star city and Hero Honda CD deluxe. Source:NDTV profit
* Outlook posted as excellent article influence of Indian brains in formula one. For More on TCS relationship with Ferrari.
*Fernando Alonso of McLaren won the Malyasian grand prix. Lewis Hamilton ofMclaren and Raikkonen of Ferrari followed Alonso in order. For Detailed Results
*Most car companies and dealers are doling out lucrative discounts to push sales during April, which is considered as a lean month. Maruti 800 gets cheaper by Rs15000, Esteem by Rs 30000, Getz and Santro by Rs10000 and Indica Xeta by Rs25000 For More
* Tata’s 1lakh rupee car attracts not only Indian majors like Bajaj but also charms world majors like Renault-Nissan. “If you want to be serious in India, you should not cross the $3,000 figure,” said Carlos Ghosn, CEO, Nissan Motor Co, in Nashik. Nissan Motor Co, plans to produce a car priced at below $3,000 (Rs 1.30 lakh) in India. The vehicle would prove the most formidable competition to the Tata Motors Rs 1-lakh ($2,000) car under development and Bajaj’s planned light weight car.
*Fiat new Fiat Palio Stile comes with two petrol engine options: Palio Stile 1.1 (in three versions- SL, SLE, SLX) and Palio Stile 1.6 (Sport). The Palio Stile 1.1 is priced in the range of Rs 3.49 lakh to Rs.3.90 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), while the Palio Stile 1.6 is priced at Rs.4.31 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). For Fiat Palio Stile new features
*Mahindra Renault, the joint venture between Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) and Renault of France, on Tuesday unveiled much awaited Logan in India. The Logan will be available in diesel and petrol versions and in six colours. The price (ex-New Mumbai) of the petrol 1.4 and 1.6 versions ranges from Rs. 4.28 lakh to Rs 5.69 lakh (before octroi) and the diesel 1.5 version from Rs. 5.47 lakh to 6.44 lakh. The same ex-New Delhi would be Rs. 4.35 lakh to 5.76 lakh for petrol versions and Rs. 5.54 lakh to Rs. 6.51 lakh for the diesel version. The Logan offers fuel efficiency of 14-18 kilometres a litre (kmpl) on the Common Rail Diesel engine and 10-13 kmpl with the petrol engines, according to Mahindra Renault officials. Bookings will be open from april 9 and the vehicles will be delivered from May 9 onwards. For More
*Fiat launches new Palio Stile. Palio Stile is the first product form Tata-Fiat Joint Venture For More
* Cool news for Hot summer, From April 1 onwards Mumbaikars can travel across the city in air-conditioned Maruti Esteem and Indigo Marina beginning from April 1. Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh yesterday launched V Link Fleet Management Services, a private taxi service, which will ply 150 vehicles to begin with and will later increase to up to 1,000. The taxis, which will operate from tomorrow, will charge a minimum of Rs 15 and additional Rs 13 per km with a centralised number for advance booking.
* Hero Honda on March 31 launched a face-lift variant of its 150 cc motorcycle ‘Achiever’ priced between Rs 52,650 and Rs 54,950 (ex-showroom Delhi).The company has launched ‘Achiever’ in two variants — kick start and self start — and would be available in five colours(silver metallic, palace maroon, candy blazing red, magnetic blue metallic and black). The new Achiever comes with improved features including disc brakes, body colour graphics and body colour grips.