Sponsored: Five first car buying tips
Buying your first car is always an exciting proposition. For a majority of people, a car is the second largest investment they make after a house. As such, it is not a decision that can be based on impulse. Rather the decision to buy a particular vehicle should be based on careful consideration. Here are some top tips from Ford India to help you buy your first car. Will it be a Figo then? Or will it be the All-New Global Fiesta? By the time you’ve read through the tips you should have found your answers.
• Keep your emotions under control: Be conservative and don’t rush; you’ll have to live with this purchase for years to come. So it should be easy to live with and reliable like the tried and tested Ford Figo or All-New Global Fiesta.
• Watch your wallet: If you’re financing your car purchase, your monthly payment should not put a big strain on your budget. Don’t bite off more than you can chew. Choose the right variant and buy the features you need and watch your finance burden come down even when you buy the car you want.
• Understanding is the key: Make sure you understand all the terms of your buyer’s contract, paying special attention to the interest rate and whether there is a balloon payment required. Question anything in the contract that you do not understand before signing on the dotted line.
• Cost of Ownership: Figure out how much it will cost to keep the car running before you buy. Things like fuel efficiency, service intervals, etc determine how low the cost of ownership of your car will be. Remember the purchase price of the vehicle is only part of your cost. The cost of ownership counts!
• The bigger the reach the better: It is easier to live with a car when you have the security of knowing that a sales and service outlet is never too far away. For instance, with 230 sales and service outlets spread across 123 cities, Ford vehicles make a perfect case for themselves as compelling buying propositions.