Skoda to launch Yeti, new Octavia and a small car
The czech automaker Skoda plans a series of launches to storm the Indian market. Skoda is currently launching new Fabia across india and has aggressive plans to get more customer under its fold.
* Skoda plans to double its sales volume every year
* Skoda eyes to sell 30000 – 40000 units of Fabia next year (which means up from 600-800 units from now to 2500-3000 units). Ambitious goal, isn’t it?
* Skoda says the new aggressive pricing of Fabia is due to 40% localization of Fabia
* Skoda plans to increase the localization to 70% by the end of 2011 and 100% when the next generation Fabia comes in.
* Skoda plans to make India a manufacturing hub for the next generation Fabia
* Skoda still mull introducing new variants of Fabia which includes – Fabia RS, Fabia greenline and Fabi scout
* Skoda will launch the Yeti in next four weeks at an aggressive price tag
* Skoda says the Yeti has already received 1000 bookings
* Skoda will launch the next generation Octavia in 2011
* Skoda says the new octavia will be a complete all new car. The new car will be positioned in the C-segment against the likes of Honda City, Volkswagen Vento, Fiat Linea and Ford Fiesta
* Skoda will launch a new small car in 2012. Skoda may showcase the small car at 2012
* Volkswagen group – Volkswagen,Skoda, Audi and Porsche eyes 20% market share in Indian market.