Hot Photos – September 2007
1) Honda’s 8th generation Accord is ready to take on the Toyota camry and Nissan Teana. In India new Accord will be launched in 2008. Honda’s 2008 Accord will have upgraded engines – a 3.5-liter iVTEC V-6 now makes 268hp (superior when compared to last year’s 3L, VTEC, 224hp engine ) and a new 2.4-liter engine now makes 177 horsepower. Honda has reprogrammed the Powertrain Control Module(PCM) and hence the engines has become more efficient and cleaner. Honda claims improved mileage for both the engines.
2) 2008 Honda’s Accord new features includes a wide stance, large wheels, dynamic styling , new stability control system and multi-stage airbags.
3) Mercedes new C-class to take on Audi A4 and BMW 3 series. New C-class will hit indian shores in early 2008 . Expected to be priced slightly higher than the price range of current C-class.
4) The new C-class has innovative features is roomy and has innovative features like Agility control which varies the shock absorber function depending on the speed.
5) The next generation Indica is on the cards for Tata motors. The indica V3 gets its design cues from Tata’s concept car indiva showcased in 2002 geneva auto show. The new Indica will be more upmarket as Tata plans to export the car to western markets. (Headlamps and tailamps will be different)
6) The next generation Indica V3 will take on the segment leader swift diesel, the upcoming skoda fabia, getz diesel and Fiat punto.
7) 2008 audi A4 is out, A4′s styling makes it look like a four-door A5. The car will debut at the upcoming Frankfurt Auto Show.
8) New Audi A4 is built on the new B8 platform and the compact four-cylinder 1.8 TFSI, is a highly efficient unit that develops 118 kW (160 bhp) and a torque of 250 Nm between 1500 and 4500 rpm. The two-litre engine TDI develops 105 kW (143 bhp) and has the powerful peak torque of 320 Nm between 1750 and 2500 rpm
9) TVS new Flame 125cc
10) BMW plans to launch its mini cooper in india. BMW which currently offers 3 series, 5 series will add X5 SUV this november. BMW recently revised its sales target from 1000units to 1200units for this year. German car maker which benefits through assembling its cars locally(in chennai) is expecting 30-35 per cent growth in the luxury car market in India and wants a major share in the segment.
11) BMW’s hatchback cooper will be priced around Rs20lakhs. Here’s official word on the launch date and the price. “BMW is expected to launch the BMW Mini Cooper in FY09 at a price tag of Rs 20 lakh,” BMW India President Peter Kronschnabl told
12) The next generation Aveo U-VA is ready, Chevrolet will unveil its 2008 Aveo U-VA(aveo in europe) in the upcoming Frankfurt motor show. Expected to be launched in India in 2008.
13) The new Aveo U-VA sports new design features, as characterised by the big horizontally split radiator grille with a body-coloured crossbeam and the brand logo sitting prominently in the center. The dynamic detailing of the new Aveo U-VA includes large, curved, clear-glass headlamps and fog lamps that project like spotlights from the lower part of the bumper.The 2008 aveo U-VA is expected to be powered by the same engine which powers the current U-VA.
14) Hindustan Motors on august 28th announced that it has firmed up plans to launch premium sports utility vehicles (SUVs) in the price range of Rs 15-25 lakh from the Mitsubishi stable within six months. Mitsubishi’s outlander might be its choice. Though outllander will be in the segment of Montero, it will be targetted towards a different set of customers
15) Mitsubishi Outlander is powered by a 2.4L engine which is mated to 6 speed CVT(Continuous Variable Transmission) and it also features a electronic 4 wheel drive system.
16) Mitsubishi -Hindustan Outlander interiors: Outlander will take on Honda CR-V , Maruti Suzuki new grand vitara, Ford Endeavour and upcoming chevrolet captiva and Hyundai santa fe
17) “We would introduce a new model by the end of this year which would take the total number of products to five,” said Mr R. Santhanam, Managing Director, Hindustan Motors. Yes, Hindustan – Mitsubishi is planning to launch galant a premium sedan above the lancer cedia.
18) Mitsubishi – Hindustan galant might be powered by 2.4L engine producing 160hp@5500rpm and 213Nm at 4000rpm.
19) Mitsubishi – Hindustan galant interiors