Hero Honda Hunk 150cc – Pictorial Review
1) Hero Honda Hunk is available in four colours – panther black, fighter blue, red and silver. On the road Hunk comes at a price of Rs61,590.
2) Hero Honda Hunk is powered by an 150cc Engine, delivering 14.4PS @ 8500 RPM of power and 12.80 N-m @ 6500 of torque. Advanced Tumble Flow Induction (ATFI) helps the Hunk to provide imporved torque and higher fuel efficiency. The engines breathes through a CV carburettor and the Ignition is guided by a microprocessor. The engine is teamed with a five-speed constant mesh gearbox(1-down 4-up). Hero Honda claims Hunk can hit 60 Kmph mark in 5 seconds.
3) Hero Honda Hunk: Hunk is the first bike from Hero Honda to feature gas charged rear suspension(GRS-Gas Reservoir Suspension in Hero Honda’s term). The stepped seat offers lumbar support to the rider. Underneath the overhung rear fender is metal plates to prevent rattling.
4) Though the Hunk’s design is largely a resemblance of TVS apache. Hunk’s chrome finished 3-Dimensional ” HUNK” Emblem, gold finished front forks, silver finished central section and muscular rear cowl adds extra charm to this muscle. A bulky-looking silver heat shield bolts atop the silencer. Hunk sports contemporary five-spoke alloy rims in matt black, a theme that continues to its engine cases, silencer as well as the chain shroud. Infact, matte black panels dominates the painted panels which makes Hunk more muscular.
5) Hero Honda Hunk shares the tubular, diamond frame type chassis of the CBZ Xtreme. The dimensions are also same as the CBZ X-Treme except for the Hunk is shorter by 50mm compared to the X-Treme. Though Hunk is shorter the deep knee recess, straight handlebar and the neatly placed foot pegs offers comfortable riding position. The muscle bike is slightly heavier than others, it weighs 145kg.
6) Hero Honda Hunk features bold, chrome rimmed analog instruments includes a red back speedometer, tachometer, fuel-gauge and trip facility complement the standard warning lamps.
7) Hero Honda Hunk features 240mm disc at the front and 130mm drum brake at the rear. The bike comes with a meaty puncture-resistant and wider rear tyre. Complementing the wider tyres are 18inch larger rims. The bulged rear cowl dominates the sharp small tail lamp. Both at the rear and the front Hero Honda uses diamond shaped clear lens indicators.
8) As typical of Hero Honda offers 3 year / 40,000 kms warranty & 6 Free Service.
P.S: Our sincere thanks to Vishnu Motorplaza Pvt Ltd, Ekkattuthangal, Chennai