Would you like to be the victim of car theft! Don’t ever dream to get trapped in this kind of situation. Auto theft not only costs the victim of value and time but it creates a threat to the society because many stolen vehicles are used for crime purpose.
Car theft occurs randomly at different days, week and time so what all you want to do is to practice the following small measures to keep your car safe,
- Buy a car odd color as the bright colors don’t fetch high market value and they are less likely target and also the car with body kits and stickers are apart from ‘steal list’ because they can be easily traced out.
- Never leave your car running unattended, even to dash into a business, store, etc.; and also never leave any keys in the car or ignition, inside a locked garage, or in hide-a-key boxes.
- Simple and inexpensive steering lock and gear are hard to tamper, and also fit alarm locks so that the theft can be minimized as you are alerted.
- Always park in high-traffic, well-lighted areas, when possible; and install a mechanical device that locks the steering wheel, column, or brakes. These devices will deter some criminals.
- Etching your car windows and its other parts with vehicle identification number (VIN) is a good way for car theft –proof as it is a tough task to resell the car.
- Copy your license plate and vehicle information (VIN) numbers on a card and keep them with you. If your vehicle is stolen, the police will need this information to take a report.
- Keep valuables out of sight even an expensive-looking pair of sunglasses can attract a thief. Put your wallet, cell phones in the trunk out of sight and place them inside glove box.
- Always roll up your windows and lock the car, even if it is parked in front of your home.
- Investigate the purchase of a vehicle theft tracking/security system, especially if you own one of the frequently stolen model vehicles.
- Many vehicles today come with some type of security system from the factory. Normally there are upgraded systems available if you ask. The best choices are systems that shut off the fuel supply so that a car can’t be started or driven.
- Always park your car in a garage or invest in a good-quality car body cover as it is not easy to recognize a covered car and moreover body cover will also protect your car from the elements.
Final and the foremost thing are to report to the Police Officials immediately, if your vehicle is stolen.